hanna does 1 arm db snatch plus db ohs to enhance core stability!!
DROM warm up: 5 min
1. barski snatch: work up to 70% for 5 sets. barski snatches were named after the late bob bernardski by bill starr back in the day. bill wanted the athlete increase his 2nd pull working the finish strong. bill had the athlete bring the bar to the high hang positon, using no straps and do 3 reps with the weight. NO STRAPS, NO DROPPING THE BAR!!. snatch the wt., regrip, bring the wt. back to the high hang, repeat. by the 3rd rep one must really extend or they will not make the lift!!! ENJOY!!!
rest 10 minutes
2. snatch high hang pulls: work up to 85% or so and sn pull the bar to chest level! work 3 sets x 5 reps. use straps here!!
3. snatch pp: 4 x 5. that is 4 sets x 5 reps you choose the wt. but go as heavy as you can. at the end of each rep make sure you feel the shoulders raising to stabilize the bar. as coach greg glassman of crossfit says: "put the shoulder in the ears!!"
4. snatch halting deadlifts: 3 x 3. from the floor bring the bar using correct form to mid thigh. hold the wt. for a 1003 count, lower to the floor. repeat. keep tension on the upper hams, lower back during that count. good form is a musts herre. the last rep go into a full extension as well as shrugging the shoulders up as high as you can. straps are allowed!
5. knees to the elbows: while hanging from a pull up bar, bring your knees to your elbows!! 3 x 8 reps.
stretch, cool down, pool!!