1. today we are doing the joe mills snatch workout emphasizing obviously the snatch: the key here is selecting a weight of about 70-75% of the best snatch, perform 1 snatch every 60 minutes for 5 sets. add 2.5 kg to each side for another 5 singles, each single on the minute as the first 5. add another 2.5 kg on each side....same protocol....1 snatch every 60 sec for 5 singles. now we add 1.25 kg on each side and we take as much time as we need between the next 5 singles. you should be close to your best snatch in training by the time you are finished.
rest 15 minutes
2. rack jerks bnk: work up to your best for the day. remember dip straight and drive hard. only do singles.
3. back sqt: work a medium wt. x 3, add wt. x 2, add wt. x 1, add wt. x 1....work up to a heavy single. back off for 2 sets of 3...medium to heavy wt.
4. glute ham back extensions: work the hamstrings hard here. 3 x 10
5. ball slams with the d-ball x 25 x 3 sets.